Focusing on "Striving for Excellence", Smyrna High School believes
- All students achieve success by learning.
- A safe, nurturing environment will enable students and staff to build rapport and increase learning for the purpose of attaining academic benchmarks of proficiency and beyond.
- Aligning common policies and procedures in PLCs (Professional Learning Communities) will focus on students’ needs for academic success in a data-driven decision making process.
- Students, parents, community members, and teachers communicate in order to work collaboratively and share decision-making for students’ education.
- Individual student performance increases when teachers in a high-performing learning culture implement challenging expectations.
Smyrna High School assesses student performance based on curriculum requirements established by the Elementary and Secondary Education Act.
The student assessments are examined during PLC meetings when educators and administrators evaluate results.
Focusing on strengths and weaknesses, the faculty and administration develop action plans to correct deficiencies in our ongoing mission to “Strive for Excellence.”
Shared Vision Statement
Smyrna High School is committed to “Striving for Excellence” by promoting the use of a shared decision-making process involving parents and community members in the students’ total learning experience.
We strive to meet the individual needs of students by providing a quality education for all, and increasing their awareness of leadership in the community as they meet future challenges.
Address: 100 Bulldog DriveSmyrna, TN 37167
School Phone: 615-904-3865
School Fax: 615-904-3866