Stay Current with Updates:
Follow us on Twitter for up to date information: @SHScounselors88
Do you need help from your counselor? Click here to make an appointment
Senior Class Remind Groups:
Senior Students Last Name A-Dh:
text @a9ha6fk to the number 81010 or (769) 305-0795 or join via this link https://www.remind.com/join/a9ha6fk
Senior Students Last Name Dj-K:
text @88fbf82 to the number 81010 or (769) 305-0795 or join via this link https://www.remind.com/join/88fbf82
to the number 81010
Senior Students Last Name L-Q:
text @2eh8cc to the number 81010 or (769) 305-0795 or join via this link https://www.remind.com/join/2eh8cc
Senior Students Last Name R-Z:
text @kb9ef8e to the number 81010 or (769) 305-0795 or join via this link https://www.remind.com/join/kb9ef8e
All information found on this page can also be found through the pages on the right side of screen.
Senior Class General Information
Class of 2021 Fall Senior Survey (Click to complete on September 15th)
- Listed on page 2-3 of above document
- Valedictorian and Salutatorian Requirements listed on page 4
Viewing your Current Transcript
- Log on to Skyward
- Click Portfolio
- Click 6th Semester Transcript
- Seniors are allowed one college visit per year
- The above form MUST be completed BEFORE your visit
TN Promise Application Information
- Deadline for Applying: November 1, 2020
- Make sure your application is complete by 9/22/20
College Application Information
- If you need a recommendation from your counselor for your college admission or your Common Application, complete this recommendation sheet and email it your counselor. Give at least a 2 week notice for the counselor to write the recommendation
- After you have applied to a college, submit this form so that we can send your official high school transcript
- Dual enrollment students will have to send their Bethel transcript to their colleges (at the end of the year)
- The above link gives the instructions for requesting your Bethel transcript
- After you have been accepted to your college of choice, complete the above form so we can celebrate you!
Financial Aid and FAFSA
2021-2022 Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Application Opens October 1, 2020
- Application must be complete for any student who wishes to remain eligible for TN Promise
- Application must also be complete for any student who wishes to utilize the HOPE scholarship
Paying for College 101: These are webinars hosted by experts in the financial aid world, these webinars give you information about completing your FAFSA, loans vs. grants, and several other topics related to financial aid. Sign up for the webinar here: Paying for College 101
How to complete your FAFSA 5 Part 5 series:
o How to Complete the FAFSA, Part 1 – Student Demographics
o How to Complete the FAFSA, Part 2 – School Selection & Dependency Status
o How to Complete the FAFSA, Part 3 – Parent Demographics
o How to Complete the FAFSA, Part 4 – Parent Financials
o How to Complete the FAFSA, Part 5 – Student Financials & Signature Status
- Once you have been awarded a scholarship, complete the above form so we can celebrate you!
Community Service and Other Opportunities
Rutherford County Work Ethic Distinction
- Students who obtain this distinction are proving to potential employers that they are both college and career ready.
- Students who earn the Work Ethic Distinction receive a diploma seal and an opportunity to wear green cords during their graduation ceremony.
- Earning a Work Ethic Distinction and meeting job-related requirements guarantees an interview with participating Rutherford County employers.
Tennessee Scholars has a clear and focused mission: to increase the percentage of Tennessee high school graduates prepared for post-secondary education, the workforce, or the military. It is a rewards and incentives program for students who graduate high school with the required courses and additional expectations of attendance, discipline, and volunteer service.
How do you become a Tennessee Scholar?
- Apply by completing the application and checklist for Tennessee Scholars. Once you and your parents sign it, return it to your school counselor.
- Seniors must complete the student checklist and application to turn in to their counselor durnig spring of their senior year.
- Once seniors have turned in their applications, counselors will arrange a time for qualifying students to complete an online survey.