OneNote for Beginners
* Review examples of OneNote Notebooks
* Create a notebook for personal, PLC, or student use
* Explore options in OneNote: Home Ribbon, Insert options, etc.
* Work with sections and pages and add content to a page
* Review sharing options and share the notebook
* Review locating and finding the notebook
* Overview of Class and Staff Notebooks
Task #1: Create a New OneNote in One Drive
* Select the access tiles (Waffle)
* Select One Drive
* Select New- OneNote
* Name the OneNote
Task #2: Create two sections
* Select the + sign at the left under Section and name the section
* Right click the section to rename
Task #3: Create two pages in each section
* Select the + sign at the left under Page and name each page
* Right click the page to rename the page
Task #4: Add text to each page
* Click anywhere on the page and add text
*Notice the text boxes can be moved anywhere on the page (like picture files)
* Add text on each page
Task #5: Insert File Attachment
Tip: If the file is stored in the user's One Drive, it must be downloaded before it can be attached. Create a folder on the desktop of the computer and name it One Drive Downloaded Files. Download and save the needed file in this location
* Select the Insert tab and File Attachment
* Browse for the file and select it
* Double click the file to open it
*This is a copy of the file just like an email attachment. Changes to the file will not appear in OneNote
Task #6: Locating your saved OneNote notebook
* Close the OneNote notebook
* How do you locate the OneNote?
*It must be launched/opened in the installed version before it will appear in the list of notebooks
Task #7: Launch Installed OneNote
* Discussion of differences between Online vs. Installed OneNote.
* Where are the sections located?
* Where are the pages located?
* What additional options are available under Home, Insert, View, etc.
* Right click on the section title- What additional options are available?
* Right click on a page- What additional options are available?
Task #8: Share OneNote
* In the online version, click the share button on the top right
* Type in the email addresses you want to share with
* Make sure you have chosen “can edit” or “can view” correctly